Saturday, February 18, 2023

Research: Editing Techniques

 Research: Editing Techniques

     I would say that editing is probably my biggest weakness when it comes to filming and creating content. In class, we learned many different editing techniques such as: Shot/reverse shot, continuity editing, action match, graphic match, parallel editing, cutaway, insert, and the jump cut. These different editing techniques are very important to use in my opening film, as it gives a higher level of understanding the importance of editing to create an emotional aspect to the viewer. Me and my group members have already decided that we will be working on 'Premiere Pro' as this editing app gives us all of the resources, we need to fulfill what we're aiming to achieve within this portfolio project.

these notes taken in class about different editing techniques and how they give depth in cinematography will help our group to have ideas of what different edits we will be using to best match the representation of the scene. With all the notetaking from class, me and my group will need to understand how to use Premiere Pro. 


     
     At first glance, Premiere Pro looks very intimidating with all the different choices and options. I don't know where to start or how to make changes. These clips that I used are soccer clips from some of my games that I will be testing out and using different editing techniques on them. this link will be where I get my information and will learn how to edit and work with the settings of Premiere Pro. Within that website we can see how to place titles, speed up clips, assemble and refine sequences, and also import/export video and audio files. With all this info I can now start to play around with premiere pro and have a clearer view of how to use it. 
     
     These Tutorials on how to use Premiere Pro are very helpful and helped me learn how to use the essential tools such as the 'razor' which splits the same clip in two sections which allows for different pace change with that clip. Also, I learned how to do zoom in with editing. Layers are also a very key aspect in editing as many things should be going on in some clips or else you would just have a very bland scene with no sound and different edits of the same representation of the scene such as different shots and angles. My decision in researching how to edit on Premiere Pro is to help me and my group members be more time efficient on this app as we will now how to use it with easy and this will be one less obstacle that my group will be encountering throughout this project. These editing tutorials will help my overall project be crisp and clean so that hopefully we won't have any unsmooth/choppy edits within the film opening.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product

After hours planning this I’ve realized some things in life don’t always go as planned and you need failure to get to where you need to go i...