Saturday, March 4, 2023

CCR notes/Class discussion

CCR notes/Class discussion

In the last class, we talked about the do's and don'ts of our creative critical reflection for my overall production process. The purpose of the CCR is to reflect on production, respond to questions, and most importantly
express my personality. My first time hearing about the creative critical reflection was pretty intimidating as the idea of writing a script about my entire project in under 10 minutes sounds very hard to achieve. With the CCR we went over 4 main questions which were:

1: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? In class we went over how to approach these types of questions and we learned how to answer this question with a cleaner format. Firstly, we should discuss the genre, next discuss which genre you chose to challenge or why you chose not to challenge genre conventions. Lastly, we should end with a discussion of representation, and we should remember that representation refers to the choices made in how individuals, groups, events and issues are illustrated within a production. 

     
This class talking about the CCR really gave me more confidence towards the direction that im headed with this overall project. Currently I am not focused at all on the CCR as I am not even close to finishing my film opening. Once the time comes then I now know I will be very ready for the CCR. The main takeaways I got out of the CCR lesson was that we should create a script, present clearly, Incorporate research (APA/MLA) format, and we should have fun fun with the CCR and be creative with it. Another thing I learned was to not just have a talking head the whole time as that makes it boring and it does not include 2 media products that we should include such as Presentation w/ voice over, Director commentary, talk show "Host" interviews director, enhanced podcast. My decision in writing about the CCR so early on is to have a clear idea of my whole journey and its always best to anticipate what's to come so once it's time for the CCR I will be very confident in my production. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product

After hours planning this I’ve realized some things in life don’t always go as planned and you need failure to get to where you need to go i...