Wednesday, March 1, 2023

First Major Production Change

 Change of location for our horror film opening!


     Our film opening was going to take place at an abandoned building near Top Golf in Miami Gardens. This building has been abandoned for around 20+ years and to our surprise it is currently being demolished as it is now owned by the Haimov Family. Me and my group members first realized this place was getting demolished when we saw and Instagram post showing the building getting taken down. At first, I honestly didn't believe them and thought they were just joking.
when we first saw this post, we couldn't believe it but once I started looking deeper into this, I realized that this was actually happening. At first, I thought that our project was going to be ruined since our location was being taken down but after I realized this story can turn into amazing blog and I ended up just laughing it off since like the odds of this happening right when we were about to start filming is actually hilarious. Thank goodness they didn't start taking down the building during the filming process so we are grateful we still have time to plan out another location. 

Accoring to Miami Gardens hospital vacant for 20 years to be demolished | Miami Herald,"An 11-story former hospital that has been vacant in Miami Gardens for more than 20 years, and considered an eyesore, is being demolished and a convention center with a hotel and wedding venue are now planned for that site." The first website I immediately went to, to verify this information was the Miami Herald as this gives local news very fast and shows all the backstory to what is going to be constructed in place of the abandoned building. Knowing that this will turn into a Hotel and Wedding Venue makes me very happy as this place will bring jobs and good times for the people of Miami. This change of location affects our overall project as we now will be searching for new locations, and we are most likely thinking about using one of the group members houses to film the opening of our horror movie! My decision to talk about this event is to show how my group members and I will be overcoming our first major obstacle in our journey to accomplish this film opening. No matter how many obstacles we face we will keep pushing through and we won't let nothing stop us from creating the best film opening possible. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product

After hours planning this I’ve realized some things in life don’t always go as planned and you need failure to get to where you need to go i...