Thursday, December 14, 2023

Post One- Research



     Going into this Project, I had no clue how to make a documentary and I didn't even know what an Op-doc was until I joined this class. The op-doc discussion assignment really helped me understand the key concepts and fundamental layers needed to create an op-doc. The op-doc's that I watched was '
Oasis' and 'Now I'm in the kitchen.' These 2 op docs were completely different in terms of editing and animation however it gave me many takeaways. I saw how the use of B-roll and indirect/direct interviews are necessary to develop the content needed, and to fully grasp the main themes and progress the op doc forward without any unnecessary and choppy cuts. During this time, Samantha and I did not know which topic we would choose to do the op doc as we had many ideas. The lesson we learned during class about op-docs really helped me to understand at a deeper level on how to use time management and how to angle the camera to get the best shot and overall how to produce an Op-doc. The notes I took on this day was very helpful for me to accomplish the project. 


     I also searched in my free time at home on how to create op docs just for fun and I found this website that was also very helpful. Its called 'The learning agency.com' This website gives step by step on how to produce an op doc and is fairly similar to the way in which we learned how to create an op doc in class.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product

After hours planning this I’ve realized some things in life don’t always go as planned and you need failure to get to where you need to go i...