Saturday, March 25, 2023

Foley!

 Foley Process!

For a more enhanced sounds of footsteps, I will be making the footsteps noises using foley so that it can sound louder then it would be in the actual clip. I like to use foley as it helps enhance the sound of things to make it seem more dramatic and realistic at times. My soccer tournament went very well as we won all of our games, and once I got home I went straight to work with the foley sounds such as the footsteps. 

  

With these sounds, I will be exporting them to audio files on Premiere Pro so that we can easily access it for editing usage. I also used my backpack for school and filled it up with some of my binders and tried to use this to replicate the sound of a man falling. Surprisignly it sounded pretty similar but once we try to match it up with the actual footage then we will decide whether to keep it or not. I personally did not think it would sound that close to a body falling on the ground but i started trying out random things and my room and seems like the backpack works best.

Another thing I will be looking for is free sound effects from online that can help make the film opening feel very haunting and terrifying with the use of stings. After searching the internet for quite some time, I came across epidemicsound.com which is an online app that allows you to download sound effects to help your film come to life. After playing around with this app I found some sound effects that may be worth taking a closer look at which was the Chainsaw sound and electric sound. I like the sound of the chainsaw as in our film opening we can see the "killer" using a chainsaw as him source of attacking the homeowners. With these sounds chosen I will be sending it over to Lenny in an audio file so that he can easily put them neatly in the editing software. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product

After hours planning this I’ve realized some things in life don’t always go as planned and you need failure to get to where you need to go i...