Monday, March 27, 2023

Class Meeting about project!

 Class Meeting

     In class today, we did something very engaging and helpful for our project which was being able to get into groups and review/critique our peers projects so far. The people in my group had very well ideas as I got the chance to see Kirians final video as he already finished editing. His film opening "Back on Track" was very well edited and I really like how he edited the keyframes to match with the title as he was walking past and it gave off the affect where the title was forming as he walked past the screen. Overall, in this film opening I learned how important pacing and cuts is withing the 2-minute time period for this project. During the discussions, it was very interesting to learn about everyone's approach going into this project as we all had a very different storyline for our project. There were genres ranging from comedy all the way to drama and horror. This variety of genre conventions was very cool to learn about how they adapted to different locations to help them represent their chosen genre. 

     After this class meeting, me and my group got back to work on our editing as we are a little bit behind as we will probably finish editing hopefully by tomorrow and we will spend the rest of the time working on our CCR and make it the best it can be. Overall, I chose to blog about this class meeting because I feel it really opened my eyes and gave me a different perspective of my peers and how they are overcoming their challenges. One challenge that was told to me during the class meeting was that the person couldn't find any song that matched the vibe he was going for so he ended up learning the guitar with only 3 weeks of experience and produced a soft song to match the tone of his film opening. Learning from my peers is my favorite way of learning and I will use some of these lessons learned to help make my film opening more engaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product

After hours planning this I’ve realized some things in life don’t always go as planned and you need failure to get to where you need to go i...