Thursday, February 29, 2024

Comedy Genre Conventions

     What are the conventions that make up a comedy film? Firstly I need to narrow down location places and see where I will be filming and with who. I am thinking about filming this with my friends, and we can either film in school as we all go to Cypress Bay High School, on a soccer field, or out in general public. I will be researching a bit of comedy genre conventions to create a clearer guideline on how to make this happen. 

     Many comedies are based in places where there are always a lot of people, like schools, offices or sometimes even generic public places. This allows space for characters to make a fool of themselves or put themselves in an awkward situation, which adds to the comedy of the film. It's also important for there to be many locations because it allows for there to be more characters for the main characters to interact with. For example, in Super Bad, it's based in a school, which allows for many different characters to be interacted with. The set is usually a well-lit, and bright place, as lighting can show the atmosphere of a film. 

Having the correct combination of characters also plays a massive role in building the perfect balance of comedy. In many comedy films its common for the character usually a duo to prey off of offensive stereotypes (for school purposes I won't be using offensive stereotypes), and they are commonly opposites of each other, and their personalities aren't necessarily the same. I am choosing to do a comedy film promo mainly because I honestly don't know what else to film about since the regional finals didn't go as planned. My friends are pretty hilarious but like I don't know if other people will find them funny cause people might have a different sense of humor. 

Ferris Buellers Day off 
Ieea: Skipping school for a day at miami and one of my friends mom keeps calling him and he almost ruins the day but he also keeps cracking horrible jokes so my friends are gonna troll him and then I'll film everything and edit



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product

After hours planning this I’ve realized some things in life don’t always go as planned and you need failure to get to where you need to go i...