Friday, February 23, 2024

Research Genre

Comedy Genre

What is comedy? My personal definition of comedy is creating something that is funny, and this is pretty much what this genre is about These films are designed to amuse audiences and make them laugh. Films in this genre typically have a happy ending, with dark comedy being an exception to this rule. Comedy is one of the oldest genres in film, and it is derives from classical comedy in theatre. An example of a Comedy film is "Big Mommas Like Father, Like Son" This is about undercover agent Malcom Turner. He is on another case and his son Trent sneaks into the middle of a drug deal and witnesses a murder. Trent than needs to go undercover with his father to an all girls school. Where the key to the case is hidden. 
     Why research comedy genre? I am researching this as since my team lost the regional finals and I can't document the journey anymore and the project went to the mud. So now I will create a film trailer of a comedy genre that will be releasing in the summer. My decision to do this is unknown yet since I'm still shocked my team lost the regional finals when we were 2 minutes away from making it to states. I will still try my best to make a film comedy trailer even though I'm not really set on a certain topic or idea of how I will create this. I took really good notes in class on how to create a film trailer, so I have a good outline on what to do so I'm not a lost puppy in this project. 
     Another Comedy Genre film is Mr. Bean. I used to watch this comedy show when I was very young with my family as they were huge fans of the show. I remembered how funny it was and how much it would make my family laugh, so it deserves a spot on this blog even though it's a show instead of a film. The show follows Mr. Bean as he tries to extricate himself from embarrassing situations but only ends up getting himself in more trouble and embarrassing himself even more. His life is kind of similar to mines as this happens to me a lot. Mr. Bean's character is essentially a child in a grown man's body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished Product

After hours planning this I’ve realized some things in life don’t always go as planned and you need failure to get to where you need to go i...